Wednesday, February 26, 2014

commentary on project 2

For the most part, working on project 2 functioned to improve my photoshop aptitude; namely, I used more technical and intentional techniques to render some of the images I used for the gifs. This was particularly so in relation to segment 2, for I extensively made use of the clone stamp, selection tools, filters, adjustment layers, and drawing tools. As a mode of creating the flowing river of lethe in the aforesaid, I strung together multiple copies of the same image together with slight variations in the passage/placement of the ripple filter. Segment 3, as I'm sure is quite apparent upon cursory inspection, is rather amateurish, but seeing as the content of the gif itself is unnerving, the choppiness of the animation merely serves to continue the theme. Regarding the first segment, traditional stop motion was used to give the effect of one of my wood-sculptures reading an X-files comic. For some reason, although it may not be objectively magnificent, segment 1 is a personal favorite, and I look forward to making more and perhaps more elaborate episodes featuring the wooden elk as the protagonist. Conceptually, there was really no overarching theme or intellectual goal; that is, I was primarily focusing on attaining the hard skills.  

No comments:

Post a Comment